Search This Blog

Wednesday 19 November 2014

Stash update & fleamarket finds

More yarn, more fun! I got another delivery from Latvia, a very colourful one. I haven't decided what to do with this fiery colour-combination but I liked the quality for fair-isle knitting. The only problem is that the shades resemble each other too much and there is not enough contrast so it might be difficult to find a good pattern. Any suggestions are welcome.

The white yarn is going to be used for a Shetland lace shawl, at least that's the ambitious plan I have after receiving a book on lace knitting from Scotland from my Mum. The blue yarn is a similar quality but a different brand so that might go into some nice woolen mittens, ideally with another contrasting colour. I'll see if I can find something from the same brand online.

Oh, and did I mention that I was a regular at fleamarkets this autumn? This also included an excursion to Germany where I found those amazing original 1970s Swedish clogs. What can I say, it was love at first sight (although I'm sure my downstairs neighbour will love it a little less, those wooden soles are damn noisy).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment