Search This Blog

Sunday 8 March 2015

Latvia


A weekend in Latvia, visiting Jurmala and Riga. I fell in love with the wooden houses, the pine tree forests, the beaches, the little winding roads in the Old Town, the market, and of course the yarn (I came back with 1.5 kg of pure Latvian wool). One of my highlights was meeting up with Melody of Mandarine's who knits beautiful things (check out her scarf!) and takes even more beautiful pictures of these things. It's great to meet up with other bloggers and exchange ideas, addresses and inspiration, especially if they are equally yarn-crazy as me.

Riga is definitely  a place to go back to, I didn't do the city any justice in only spending 1.5 days there of which half was taken up with yarn-hunting somewhere in the suburbs. Even in the worst time of the year, i.e. after the pretty snow and before spring has really started, it is totally worth a trip and there are lots of things to do. Oh, and you can get a cheap haircut which is a thousand times better than in Brussels! If you're brave enough that is.

P.S: As you can see, both Melody and me wear our own creations. While I was lazy and used a commercial pattern, she actually designed the scarf herself! The pattern is called "canopy" and you can of course find it on ravelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment