Search This Blog

Monday 15 August 2016

Whitlam cowl


The Whitlam cowl project was a testknit for a yarnshop in Leeds. They have started translating their patterns into German and French so I had the pleasure to test the French version - as you can see above, it worked out very well!

The cowl was a nice in-between project since my Marigold cardigan has been somewhat stalled in the last days after dropping a double-pointed needle (DPN) through the cracks of our balcony floor boards.... it's still possible to knit with four instead of 5 but it's more difficult so I'll probably have to buy a new set now.

Nice, easy, pattern with only one repeat to be memorized so it becomes automatic after a few rows. I like the wavy end bit which gives it some extra style and is much prettier than a normal seam. Looking at it now I would have rather made it longer though, it's too short and thin for my liking (I prefer chunky scarves and cowls).

*****
Pattern: Whitlam cowl by Jo Spreckley
Yarn: Baa Ram Ewe "Titus", shade "Aire"


No comments:

Post a Comment