Search This Blog

Sunday 22 July 2018

Baby stuff III


 

 There were actually a few baby outfits that I finished knitting before Baby S. arrived but I never got round to posting them. I even drafted the post the day before his due date but then obviously things happened and the post was stuck in drafts ever since. As you can see in the photos it was even still snowing here! Difficult to imagine now that it is 30 degrees outside and it hasn't rained properly in weeks. 

Apart from the socks, Baby S. hasn't actually had the opportunity to wear any of the other items because they are still too big. Come autumn he should have grown into them though. The socks were used quite a bit in the beginning because it was still cold (see the pictures above) and because they were nice and stretchy to fit over his itsy bitsy feet without struggling too much. The pattern is "Baby Socks" by Kate Atherly.

The striped cardigan is based on my all-time favourite "Raglan Baby Cardigan (Top-down)" pattern which I used many times before. There are probably better patterns around but now I got the hang of it and I could (almost) knit one in my sleep!

The matching stripey hat is the pattern "Super Soft Merino Hats for Everyone" by Purl Soho - although I actually used cotton yarn instead of merino. Ah well.

And the polka dot cardigan is the "Hundreds" pattern by Kelly van Niekerk. The intarsia knitting was a bit of a pain I have to admit, it looks nice now but it was quite annoying because the cotton yarn was so slippery. I note this down as lesson learned.

All projects can be found on my Ravelry page.


****
Socks:
Pattern: "Baby Socks" by Kate Atherly
Yarn: Leftover sock yarn

Striped cardigan:
Pattern: "Raglan Baby Cardigan (Top-down)"
Yarn: Schachenmayr "Catania classic"

Striped hat:
Pattern: "Super Soft Merino Hats for Everyone" by Purl Soho
Yarn: Same as cardigan above

Polka dot cardigan:
Pattern: "Hundreds" by Kelly van Niekerk
Yarn: Natura cotton medium


2 comments:

  1. I love your blog. I just discovered you. please keep posting. I'm going to start my first sweater.....again. I just can't find a simple enough pattern that I can knit up quickly. I started and frogged the Brooklyn Tweed Riptide. no i'm going for the Alpine Cable Pullover. we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Toni, thank for your comment! I'm not much of a sweater person, I mainly knit cardigans, but I think for a beginners' project the "Flax" sweater by Tin Can Knits looks very doable. I think it's even a free pattern on ravelry. Don't give up, you'll see it's worth it! :-)

    ReplyDelete