Search This Blog

Thursday 20 December 2018

Glittertind

 

This jumper was in my ravelry queue for ages until I finally found the time and energy to tackle it (as a principle I never knit what's in my queue; and if I do it's for sure not the pattern that's on top). Also as a principle I don't use the correct yarn gauge which results most of the time in a wild guess concerning the size. But "Glittertind" made it!

For those who like the pattern it's by Erika Guselius ("Deathcuckoo" on ravelry or "Dödergök" on her blog) and, also as usual, I found inspiration on Clara's blog who knitted a cardigan for her daughter. I saw some other jumpers in the yellow-white colour combination that I liked a lot, for example the "Saffran" cardigan. I wouldn't usually have chosen it because I thought the contrast would be to weak but actually the pattern still stands out enough and is really pretty.

Nothing special to say about the knitting process, except that I have the impression the sleeves are set in a bit too low. But this might also be my fault in skipping the short rows to speed up the process. For now the jumper is still too big so I cannot tell how it will fit in practice.

*****
Pattern: "Glittertind Version 2" by Erika Guselius
Yarn: Some reclaimed Cygnet DK (yellow) and leftover Rowan Pure Wool Worsted (white)


No comments:

Post a Comment