Search This Blog

Friday 30 August 2019

My summer knitting project


Arent't these colours AMAZING?? This is the main reason why I bought this Pickles Merino Bliss. Also, it was on sale. But these colours! I had already an idea in my mind for a long time to knit a colour block cardigan in bright pink and red but I never found the right yarn for it, most of them were too dull. The blue I just bought on a whim because it went well together with the other colours.

It was the first time I ordere from Pickles and it was a really good experience, everything went smoothly and after I asked them about the ethics-factor of their yarns they wrote the following answer:

"All of our wool is free of mulesing, and all of our couloring uses Oekotex-certified dyes. We only have agreements with producers that we know do ethical trading. For instance do our Organic Cotton producers provide education and food for their workers and their families."

I looked for a suitable pattern because the yarn is very thin and after a long search I settled on Ysolda's "Stockbridge". I didn't plan on buying a pattern since ravelry is full of amazing free patterns but I figured this one is quite basic and I re-use it in many different ways. Again, I'm quite happy with the download procedure and everything. Although for 7 GBP I think you could also expect a hard copy to be honest...

Casting on will be exciting! New pattern, new yarn, new luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment