Search This Blog

Tuesday 19 November 2013

Vilnius, Lithuania

My list of new countries visited in 2013 has yet been extended to one include one more: Lithuania. Long overdue considering how much I love Eastern Europe and the Baltic countries and it was worth a visit, indeed. I combined it with a work meeting in Vilnius and added an extra day to explore the city.

One thing is for sure: Vilnius is the best European city for knit-graffiti so far!And it doesn't surprise me considering the amount of yarn shops and the knitting tradition that still seems to be going strong. I bought some lovely natural yarn for a ridiculously cheap price which is now waiting to be transformed into a nice cardigan.

Apart from that, we experienced 4 seasons in 2 days including snow, rain and perfectly blue skies with sunshine. And on our way back, our flight was cancelled and we had to be re-routed via Frankfurt. But all of that was no big deal considering what an exciting place Vilnius is! And I had one particularly funny encounter with a 12-year old boy who helped me to find the right bus and tood me to the station, immediately involving me in a conversation about computer games and internt download speed rates in impeccable English. The young man also told me that his grandmother makes the best pie in Vilnius. Of course.


No comments:

Post a Comment