Search This Blog

Tuesday 9 December 2014

Me & Louise

Another project finished! I'm quite please with my productivity rate at the moment and I'm equally pleased with the result. To be honest, I'm not sure if this falls already under the "obsessive" category but I also started knitting on the metro in the mornings, at conferences, in cafés...   and I'm already looking forward to the Christmas break when I'll have nothing else to do but eat, sleep and knit.

My latest project was inspired by Carrie Bostick Hoge's "Louise" although I have to admit that I didn't buy the pattern (sorry, Carrie!) but I just made up my own. It's a fairly simply raglan shape with set-in sleeves, nothing complicated. I especially liked the colour combination with grey/turquoise/yellow and when I found some merino yarn on offer I thought of "Louise" immediately.

In the close ups you can see that my stockinette stitch is still slightly crooked, in spite of the blocking. I think I must do something funny on the purl-side because when I knit in the round it comes out more evenly. It doesn't bother me massively but once you see it you cannot un-see it! Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be?

If you're interested in more details about the project you can visit my Ravelry page.


                 

No comments:

Post a Comment