Search This Blog

Thursday 25 December 2014

New on the needles

While finishing Louise I already had some new ideas. First of all I wanted to knit a pair of socks as a Christmas gift so that had priority. This time I even managed to knit an identical pair, something that doesn't happen to me very often because I always miscalculate the leftover yarn. But I'm considering to try out the "magic loop" technique to be able to knit both socks simultaneously so that I can distribute the yarn more evenly.

After finishing the socks I decided to give my old Estonian mittens a bit of a fix because they were so worn out around the finger tips. I'm not sure if it'll work but I'm trying to knit a lining so that it will be more stable. I also considered darning or reinforcing but it's not in a very convenient place and it would destroy the nice pattern. We'll see if it works, otherwise I still have enough spare pairs of mittens on stock.

And, of course, as it is getting colder I got into the Lopi-mood again and I ordered *ooops* icelandic yarn for two new jumpers. I want to make a "Hela" by Védís Jónsdóttir for myself and, because it was on offer, a "Riddari" by the same designer. Lopipeysar just never get boring! And they're so wonderfully quick to knit, exactly my kind of thing. We'll see if I manage to keep my productivity rate at this pace, somehow I have the feeling I might end up with RSI if I continue like this.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment