Search This Blog

Thursday 15 January 2015

Happy 2015!

Traveling over Christmas and New Year's also means that I missed those lazy days to work on a little knitting-retroperspective of 2014, something which I think is quite nice to sum up all the work that has been done. I'm proud to say that I only have one UFO ("Unfinished Object" in the unofficial knitting lingo) and that was my attempt to fix my lovely Estonian mittens. It's just a bit boring to knit the lining so we'll see if I will pick it up again before the winter is over or if I will give them up and just knit new ones.

The FOs (see abbreviation above) are definitely in the majority and I'm very happy to have accumulated this nice collection! I can definitely see a tendency towards the traditional Lopapeysa so my new year's resolution is to try something new, a real fair-isle jumper is already on my list and so is a Norwegian Setsedals jumper. 

My stash has also grown considerably and while I already have ideas for a few projects there is still a lot of this red-shaded yarn from Latvia. I also have three skeins in different shades of blue so I'm thinking about stocking up on some more contrasting colours when I'm going to Riga next month to get material for my fair-isle jumper. Apart from that I have enough for another Lopipeysa some red Merino yarn from unravelling an older project that I never wore, and, lo and behold, more Létt lopi (so maybe ignore what I wrote in the paragraph above, I think I'll have to give in to the temptation once more). 

Happy knitting in 2015 everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment