Search This Blog

Monday 8 June 2015

Little Knits I

Apparently I'm not only at the age where everyone gets married but also where everyone is having kids (sometimes in that order, sometimes the other way round). As with my dress-sewing challenge, this is another occasion to get creative and make something for all those new, potential knitters and welcome them to the world. To be honest, I don't know much about babies and how they work - I'm still at that stage where I'm afraid to drop them - but I'm sure they do appreciate a nice knitted jumper!

Here is the first of probably many more baby-projects to come: a very simple top-down raglan cardigan in this lovely Rowan yarn. Fortunately, baby clothes are very forgiving since their body shape is more or less rectangular so there's no fussing about the fit. And they're fast to knit, too! All in all a fun little project and I can see many possibilities for variations of this pattern. 


No comments:

Post a Comment