Search This Blog

Wednesday 16 September 2015

Riddari



As I mentioned in the previous post, my love for Icelandic jumpers has manifested itself again in this wonderful project, the long-awaited Riddari. So amazingly simple and quick to knit, I just made a few adjustments for the colours of the yoke (I preferred more of the dark-light contrast between the greens and switched colours for one design segment). It also proved to be very useful in Iceland, where, strangely, it always seems to be perfect sweater-weather. I don't know why but in Belgium it's always just slightly too hot or too cold just to wear a jumper.

Compared to my other Icelandic "Lopapeysur" this one is not my favourite though, I think that award would probably go to "Hela" for its simplicity and the nice geometric pattern. In the "Riddari" I like the lower part of the yoke that resembles darts but I'm not a big fan of the "eyelets" in the upper part, also a reason why I played a bit with the different colour combinations.

As mentioned before, I think I definitely have enough Icelandic jumpers by now. Maybe.

******

Pattern: "Riddari" by  Védís Jónsdóttir
Yarn: Istex Létt-Lopi

No comments:

Post a Comment