Search This Blog

Thursday 10 March 2016

Mini bunting

This mini-version of the Pickles' "Vimpelgenser" is actually closer to the original pattern than my first cardigan. I only added the button band at the collar to make it easier to put on and take off. Again, I opted for a bigger size and not for the newborn size because it will probably be more useful for next winter. I have no clue if that will fit but thankfully the yarn is quite stretchy.

I have now used up most of the leftover yarn from my "Marius" jumper but it might still be enough for a pair of mittens or a hat if I collect all the scraps. I prefer having an extra skein just in case after annoying past experiences hunting for the last skein of the exact colourway of a yarn that you need to finish the last 2 cm of a sleeve!

 I like the final result, simple but classic.






*****
Pattern: "Vimpelgenser" by Anna and Heidi Pickles
Yarn: Rowan Pure Wool Superwash Worsted

No comments:

Post a Comment