Search This Blog

Sunday 28 February 2016

Lighter times ahead



Things are finally starting to look a bit brighter again.

For one thing, the leak in or roof is fixed and we have electricity again. That also means I can finally start decorating our flat properly and feel "at home" - until now this thought was mainly connected to stressful thoughts about landlord, insurance, contractors, wet ceilings and full water buckets. But now I can start seeing the potential and all the possibilities of this flat. A blank canvas that we can now start filling up with (mainly my) stuff - long live the hoarding mentality.

We also managed to find a solution to compensate for the big holiday disappointment. After intensive searching for a few days we decided to go to Georgia and Armenia instead. As close as you can get to Iran without getting into potential trouble. Also, I'm an expert on flight searches and holiday planning websites now.

Work is still crazier than ever but I feel I can cope better. Maybe I'm just getting used to this unhealthy level of stress. Or I have grown into my responsibilities. Usually I'm too tired to find the real answer to this question and the only thing I manage to do in the evening is cooking dinner (I find this suddenly strangely relaxing) and watching stupid TV shows.

And lastly, another positive note: the days are getting longer again and even though I technically don't rely on it as much anymore since the electricity is back on it just gives a damn good boost to my mood. I definitely feel like going out more and a walk in the woods is long overdue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment