Search This Blog

Thursday 2 June 2016

Vienna


Another wonderful weekend in Vienna, the city of cute little shops with retro-signs, coffee houses, beer gardens, classical music, confusing public transport, and beautiful parks. The main reason for the trip was a choir concert so I didn't have much time for knitting but did manage with quite a  bit of sightseeing.

It was my third time in Vienna and every time I come back I like it more - it doesn't surprise me at all that it has been repeatedly voted "Most livable city" in the world and is perceived to have the highest quality of life. One example: I saw several people that were drinking water from the public fountains all around the city - yes, just an ordinary fountain and you could up to it with a glass and drink from it! I don't know any other city in the world where that is possible, in most places not even the tap water is safe to drink.

I will probably be back in autumn so I saved a few tourist-gems but in any case, there is so much to see I wouldn't have to worry. Next on my trip list: Lyon, Sweden, and London (an all-time classic). 

No comments:

Post a Comment