Search This Blog

Friday 28 October 2016

We are going to...India & Nepal!!


After a loooong decision-making process on where our next big trip should be to, we have finally settled for something completely new for both of us: India & Nepal. I'm not joking, it took us probably a good three months to settle for the destination and we only solved the dilemma by doing a secret vote with weighted criteria (yes, between the two of us!).

Even though we both love to travel, it has definitely gotten harder to decide on destinations as a couple because we have to factor in a lot more: has one of us been there? (we both want to go somewhere new) What's the climate like at that time of the year? (neither of us likes hot countries) What's the security situation? (I'm usually a bit more on the adventurous side but some countries are def off limits at the moment). And so on. First world problems!

Fortunately, we both also like to plan. So I didn't mind doing some research on the most important factors and even though it doesn't sound very adventurous to go about in such a systematic manner this was the way we narrowed it down to a few possible destinations and finally to Northern India & Nepal.

Also new for this time: we'll be travelling over Christmas and New Year's because that allowed us to take a whole month off work to make the most out of this exciting trip. I'm not sure if I'll miss it. I definitely don't care about New Year's because I never liked it and the pressure that comes with it to have fun because everything has to be "special".

But Christmas could be a different story.... At the moment, I'm totally fine because I hate the stress and the shuttling between 4 different locations and celebrations in 2 countries within 3 days. On the other hand, I love the baking and the lights and the atmosphere so we'll see. I'm just telling myself that we can catch up with everything next year and then it'll be even better because we really look forward to it.

Now it's time for preparations! Any good advice for things to see & do please share with us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment