Search This Blog

Sunday 18 December 2016

Advent




As usual, the last month of the year goes over the fastest. We just lit the first candle on our Advent-wreath (bought, not home made I should say) and now it's only a day left before we leave for India!

Maybe it's my German heritage that makes me appreciate all things Christmas so much, no matter if it is Glühwein, Christmas Markets, or baking cookies. But the funny thing is that I really enjoy it in the weeks before Christmas and the actual Christmas celebration usually results in a lot of stress and I actually like it less. In any case, I managed to tick most things off the list before leaving so for now I've already done all of the above plus a lot singing of Christmas carols with my choir and various dinners with friends and family.

But now I'm looking forward to almost a month of travelling, doing something completely different from what I would normally do this time of the year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment