Search This Blog

Sunday 23 April 2017

Bavaria


 
Damn, travelling is so exhausting but also so much fun! I always try to keep some "relax" weekends free to recover from all the trips, especially spring and autumn tend to get a bit crazy with all the work and private travel. This year that is definitely the case in March - April: I just got back from Dubrovnik and I'm back on the road, this time to the South of Germany or Bavaria to be more precise.

I had never been to to this part of Germany and I've been looking forward to exploring the Lake Constance area for a while. When my Erasmus-friends Katrin and Beate suggested to meet up there because it's the region where they are from I was immediately up for it, even though it's a 7.5 hour train ride from Brussels. Thankfully all the trains, including one leg of the journey by rail replacement service, were on time and I made it there and back without any delays - seems like Deutsche Bahn was a bit ahead of themselves for once!

Living in a city I really loved being outdoors and enjoying all the spring blossoms. You cannot believe how good the air smells in Bavaria! And no, it doesn't smell of cows (maybe just a little bit, sometimes) but of fresh grass, wild herbs, sunshine, and probably mostly the fact that it is much cleaner than in polluted Brussels. We went out hiking twice and generally just took the time and relax since we usually only see each other about once a year. It's quite difficult since we live on opposite ends of Germany (and me outside, on top of that), but it's always a pleasure when we manage to arrange it.


No comments:

Post a Comment