Search This Blog

Sunday 2 April 2017

More Sorbettos



My go-to pattern when I feel like sewing something simple - and I'm getting quite good at it now after Sorbetto nr. 4! It's the second time I'm trying the pattern hack to add sleeves and I shortened them some more; I also took out the pleat in the front in the polka-dot version to vary a little bit. I was also thinking about adding a collar of some sorts but decided against it to keep it simple.

In a slightly ridiculous side note, I also finally figured out how to properly use bias tape. Yes, that's right, I've been sewing for 5+ years and for some reason never bothered to properly read the instructions on the bias tape... But now that I know how it works I like it even more.

The flowery print fabric is from Nepal and some kind of synthetic mix, maybe with some cotton, but most probably viscose. It's very light weight and I like the way it drapes. I wish I knew where I could get it here in Europe, they had an amazing variety of prints in the shops but I couldn't buy too much because of the limited size of my backpack. Any hints as to where to buy/order nepalese fabric are very welcome.

The other fabric with the golden polka dots is from Nani Iro's  "Pocho" collection. I was very excited to finally use it since  my friend brought it specially from Japan and I really like the texture of the double-gauze. Originally I had planend to keep it for something "special" but then again it's probably better to use it with a pattern that I know well to make fewer mistakes. And the result is definitely presentable and I hope I'll be using it as much as my previous Sorbettos.


2 comments:

  1. Hast Du den Schnitt dafür auf Papier oder wo kann man ihn bekommen ?
    Liebe Grüße
    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Das Muster kann man umsonst auf der Webseite von "Colette" runterladen und zu Hause ausdrucken: https://www.colettepatterns.com/catalog/sorbetto Nur am besten vorher noch mal nachmessen ob es auch im richtigen Größenverhältnis gedruckt wurde.

    ReplyDelete