Search This Blog

Friday 26 May 2017

Viva España!

 
 

A lovely holiday weekend in Spain: Granada, Madrid, and Toledo. Mainly eating and some sight seeing, especially of course the Alhambra. I'm glad that I gave Spain a second chance - my last impression was slightly tainted because of the infamous 2010 Icelandic ash cloud, which forced me to stay in Barcelona for 2 weeks. That would normally not have been a problem but I had a) run out of money because I had only budgeted for one week and b) I was right before my final exams at university and totally freaking out because I thought I would have to resit. So, after that I had enough of Spain for a little while but seven years later I'm glad I came back!

Granada and Toledo were of course beautiful and so much history to explore, I love learning new facts and connecting them with things I have read or heard before. But Madrid was also great, actually much more interesting than I expected. And of course amazing cafés, bars, and shops that I took advantage of to the fullest. I always prefer shopping when I'm on holidays (together with getting my hair cut) because I have more time and I like to browse all the things that I normally don't have at home. It's not that I'm shopping crazy and to put it in context, I mainly buy second hand and don't spend much in comparison to other people (definitely no Carrie Bradshaw gene here) but I enjoy it when I have the time.

Now we're back in good old Brussels and I'm happy to have a few quiet weekends to also enjoy our sunny terrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment