Search This Blog

Thursday 1 June 2017

Spring in Brussels


Crazy spring - first it's freezing and you feel like winter never ends, the next minute it's 30 degrees and you've been catapulted straight into the middle of summer! Of course, the latter never lasts long but was quite a shock to the system I have to say.

After travelling so much in the last couple of months I was happy to also have few quiet days to relax at home and especially to take care of our plants on the balcony. Every time when I returned from a trip, there were some new green sprouts somewhere to be seen. Some were planted by me, some (not to say most) where brought in by Thomas who loves to go plant-shopping.

Now we live in a mini-jungle and I love all the greenness of it! We try to have a good mix of different plants and many wildflowers to feed the bees, who really seem to appreciate the effort. Lately we also have added some lettuce, strawberries, and onions to have something edible in the mix, too. I actually prefer flowers but why not give it a try.

In terms of projects I have not advanced much, I have to admit. My turquoise Minetta pictured above is still a WIP (can't decide whether I should rip it or not) and my second project, the grey alpaca cardigan, has simply been too warm to hold in my sweaty hands over the past days! The back piece is finished though, and I'm halfway through the right front. I did do some spinning though. It may have been a bit of cheating because I used some pre-assembled roving (I don't know the correct term but it's more like unspun yarn similar to Plötulopi) so I hardly had to do anything except pushing the pedal. Well, it WAS relaxing for sure.

More pictures of the balcony jungle coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment