Search This Blog

Wednesday 18 October 2017

Summer 2017


Oh my, last post on this blog in ... August?! I didn't even notice that the time was passing so quickly, even though I've had it in the back of my head that I really, really should be back to blogging soon after the summer break.

Well, there are several reasons for this long break but one of them is certainly instagram; another reason I will write in another post soon. So, instagram happened in a moment of boredom and I immediately got hooked in spite of my initial reservations (the fact that I was already a very late starter didn't make those reservations smaller). Then I got really into it. And now I'm kind of out of it again.

I still think instagram is a great way to share visual information and for example I discovered some interesting calls for testknits which I would have never seen on Ravelry otherwise. But the main reason why I'm less busy with it now is mainly that it took the focus away from my beloved blog! And there are certainly many things that you cannot do with instagram that the blog can do. I have the impression that I'm not the only blogger that got sucked into this because many of the blogs I follow regularly are also updated less frequently or seem to be hibernating.

So I decided to turn my attention back to the blog, where I can go into more detail with many things and which I still like because it feels a little bit more "permanent" than the fleeting nature of likes and comments of instagram. Let's see how I get on!

For now, here are some snaps that we (because for many pictures I can actually not take credit myself) have taken over the summer months with our new camera - an investment that now only requires that we actually learn how to use it properly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment