Search This Blog

Tuesday 21 November 2017

Big changes



Soooo, it's official now: we're having a baby! I'm not using this as an excuse for not blogging regularly since forever but I can't deny that this has taken up a lot of space in my head over the past months, of course. First of all, the shock. This actually worked?! Then, the planning and the admin. Figuring out all these steps, especially in Brussels where you have a million choices for everything (Dutch- or French-speaking crèche? Dutch- or French-speaking hospital? Last name of the child?....) this is quite a challenge and we still haven't solved all these issues.

But of course it's first of all a happy time and we're looking forward to all the craziness and the changes that a baby will imply! And I'm personally of course also looking forward to having someone wearing all my hand-knitted baby clothes (luckily they cannot object too much to my fashion choices in the first couple of years at least).

Then we have some more changes coming up which are less pleasant - our flat is up for sale which means that we will probably be kicked out once the sale has been finalised. We already had quite a few people visiting the flat and they all seemed interested. Damn it, we shouldn't have put so much effort in decorating the place! It's only been two years that we live there and frankly I was hoping to stay for at least one more year, which is the minimum duration of our contract.

We haven't quite decided what we will do but we are looking pro-actively for a solution. I can imagine things that are more fun than moving house either when nine months pregnant or with a tiny baby but unfortunately it seems like we won't have much of a choice on this one...

Apart from that I'm really trying my best to keep this blog running. Bear with me, a lot of other things going on at the moment as you can imagine, but I'm committed!























No comments:

Post a Comment