Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 January 2018

Mini Brexit cardigan



I had knitted the "Prince George vest" once before but a lot has happened since so I when I got the request from a UK-based friend to knit another one for her baby I thought it was more fitting to call it "Brexit cardigan" this time!

I also free-styled a bit on the pattern, using only the chart for the intarsia work from the original vest. The cardigan is based on the classic "Raglan Baby Cardigan" that I have used several times before. I still can't say that I'm a big fan of intarsia knitting, especially with more than two colours in the same round. But since the result is so cute it makes up for the difficulties.

I also like the contrasting buttons, which were not part of the original pattern.

****

Patterns: "Raglan Baby Cardigan (top-down)" and "Changing the guards at Buckingham Palace" by Susan Crawford

Yarn: Limbazu Tine Sia (intarsia) and Teksrena (main colour)

No comments:

Post a Comment