Search This Blog

Wednesday 7 February 2018

Baby blanket



Another one of those lovely Purl Soho patterns! I had an eye on the "Colourful Wedges Baby Blanket" for a long time, mainly because of the original colour scheme (see my previous post about this obsession of mine) and now finally the occasion has come.

Knitting blankets is usually not my favourite thing to do, actually I think it's a bit of a waste of time and yarn. To make a decent size blanket with decent yarn you have to spend a fortune and then you can't even wash it in most cases. Plus there are so many cute baby blankets available to buy (such as this one for example which I splurged on in a moment of weakness) that I'd rather spend my time on knitting teeny-weany clothes.

But this one is different! I had some yarn in my stash that I recycled from a scarf I knitted years ago - I still love the colours but the scarf was a bit meh. Perfect colour combination and amount for this baby blanket, almost as pretty as the original colour scheme.

After finishing the first wedge I realized that with casting on 130 stitches, I'm very very close to running out of yarn at the end. I just managed with the petrol coloured yarn but with the grey I was already playing "yarn chicken" and with the orange it was even tighter. So I decided to do the "wrap and turn" for the short rows every 5 stitches instead of every 4 stitches. That changes the shape of the wedges a little but I don't mind that.

Hooray, in the end I had just enough yarn to finish the blanket!


No comments:

Post a Comment