Search This Blog

Friday 3 May 2019

"Flax Light" mini stashbuster project

This was a bit of stashbuster project with the leftovers from the Brunches and Buds Pullover in my previous post and the baby blanket (which was a scarf in its previous life). As a base pattern I used the "Flax light" pattern by tincanknits which I had already had an eye on for a while.

It was very straight forward and I liked to knit it from the top down because I wasn't sure how much yarn I had left exactly. It worked out quite well even though I wish I had had more of the blue yarn to knit the sleeves in the same colour. But I think it still looks ok with the stripey cuffs.

One last thing I'm not so happy with is the collar: it is way too wide. Next time I'll go down a needle size or maybe cast on a few stitches less. But I want to try more of the tincanknits patterns and this was a good one to start with.

My ravelry notes can be found here.

 

 *****
Pattern: "Flax Light" by tincanknits
Yarn: Leftover scraps of different merino yarns, e.g. Schachenmayr Merino 120 and similar.



No comments:

Post a Comment