Search This Blog

Wednesday 8 May 2019

Norwegian colourwork

This pattern has the very unromantic name of "0611-01 Pullover" but I love the colourwork. I saw Clara's version on her blog a while ago (I think this is where I get most of my inspriration from) and thought it was time to finally get working on this pattern, especially because I didn't knit any lopapeysa this winter (which has become a kind of tradition).

The yarn is hand-dyed with plant-based colours but I don't remember the name of the brand. The colour stayed really nicely and I still like the shade a lot. I realized though that almost all of the jumpers I knitted recently are in some kind of blue. I really need to re-think my colour choices! Maybe some warmer reds or yellows for my next projects.

Nothing special about this knit, maybe I should mention that the yoke is a bit too high-fitting for my taste - some modifications with short rows might have been good but I was too lazy and just followed the chart.

My Ravelry notes can be found here



*****
Pattern: "0611-01 Pullover" by Olaug Kleppe
Yarn: Finkhof Merinowolle fein (handdyed blue-green); Rowan Pure Wool Superwash Worsted (ivory)

No comments:

Post a Comment