Search This Blog

Saturday 20 September 2014

Dress No. 2

As I recently mentioned I challenged myself to make a dress for each wedding I attend (as a guest, as I may point out to avoid confusion) and so far I've been doing good. Well, I've only been to two weddings this year. The result is dress no. 2, a variation of my beloved Marimekko "Pitkä mekko" pattern from the "Surrur" book. It is super simple and because I was short on time I skipped the lining (again) and even a zip as you can easily pull it over your head.

The scallops were my first attempt and a bit tricky I have to admit. I think it takes at least one dress to practice how deeply you have to cut and how to trim the excess fabric to make them look even. I followed a tutorial on the "Über Chic for Cheap" blog which is short but clear and I managed fine. For next time I'll know even better though.




Thanks to my beautiful friend Ilaria for modelling!

No comments:

Post a Comment