Search This Blog

Thursday 25 September 2014

Tranformation Thursday I

And more sewing! Actually, this time the lazy kind because I just transformed some old items into something new and fabulous - I believe this is called "upcycling" nowadays. Whatever you call it I'm happy with the result, I liked the fabrics so much that I wanted to do something with it even though I didn't like the cut.

I bought the skirt in a charity shop in Glasgow and I loved the little polka dots as well as the fact that it was from NoaNoa and I got it for less than £ 3! The ugly ruffles had to go though, totally the wrong length (halfway down to the calves  - makes it look like I have even shorter legs than I already have in reality) and the fact that it didn't have a lining made it ride up so I had to add that, too. Surprisingly, this wasn't so difficult! I followed Tilly's tutorial but as usual I skipped a few steps. Since the skirt was already done and the zip of course sewn in I just left a gap for the zip and attached it to the waistband on the top. Easy-peasy!

In the end I added the gold trimming because I have a thing for golden clothes at the moment and I had the bias left over from a another project. Not sure if I will be wearing the skirt on a daily basis but I like the combination. And all of this took me one evening of work; not too bad for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment