Search This Blog

Thursday 2 October 2014

Transformation Thursday II

In the second part of this mini-series I attacked this originally completely hideous shirt (see proof below), a vintage gem ca. anno 1970. I spotted it in a heap of old clothes at a flea market and fell in love with the sailing boat pattern. I got it for 1 € - the lady probably thought I wanted it as a dish cloth. To be honest I didn't even know what I wanted to do with it but when I got home I remembered that I still had some leftover bias tape which had the perfect colour to match the blue background!

I didn't take any pictures during the transformation process but basically I just took an old pattern that I used for the scallop hem dress amongst others and cut off the sleeves roughly according to the pattern. The ugly v-neckline was annoying (and I could hardly get it over my head) so I made a nice and round one. I don't know what kind of body shape people had in the 1970s but the shirt was also quite tight around the hips so I had to make two incisions on the sides, otherwise I would have looked like I had a pot belly. I don't, I promise! 

About an hour and some struggle with the bias tape later the transformation was complete. Voilà:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment