Search This Blog

Monday 18 July 2016

Lyon





Ah, Lyon! It had been three years since my last visit and almost nine (!!!) years since I did my Erasmus there. But it was as beautiful (if not even more beautiful) than ever. A few things have changed but mainly for the better; the whole area around the Confluence is completely different but it's also exciting to see what they have done there.

We stayed in a perfect little flat in Vieux Lyon and did all the usual things: walk up to Fourvière and enjoy the view, eat a brioche aux pralines (actually, eat as many as I can while I'm there), have some ice cream from René Nardone, visit Guillotière and my former work place.... In short, mainly eating and walking.

I was especially happy to round off my nostalgia-infused trip with the fête du quartier of my former workplace, a daycare centre for children where I worked as "animateur" while I was a student. I had some special memories of this event and being back was a great feeling. I even spotted one of the kids that I looked after back then, although I hardly recognized him.

2016 is the year I revisit all my former homes, mainly to show everything to Thomas who is still confused by all the different places and people I keep mentioning. I enjoy going back but also discovering new aspects that have been added after I left. Malmö and London are still on the list, which only leaves Essex but I'm sure we'll manage that at some point, too.

PS: No notable knitting progress during this trip. I had lots of time on the train but no inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment