Search This Blog

Wednesday 13 July 2016

Something in the mail


A late birthday present from my mum came in the mail the other day: the first issue of Carrie Bostick-Hoge's "Making" magazine! I don't think I would have bought it "just like that", the price is almost the same as for a book (20 USD + 14 USD shipping!!) but if it's a gift I can of course accept it :).

I mainly wanted it for the "Marigold cardigan" knitting pattern because I had seen it on Ravelry before it was published and it was the perfect pattern for my stash of white alpaca yarn that I had been hoarding since my trip to Peru last year. The day I got the magazine in the post I started swatching and I've already made some good progress.

It's a bit of a  patience test to knit with this almost lace-weight yarn but I'm still enjoying it. Also, I have promised myself to knit AT LEAST three patterns from the magazine to make it worth it and I also love Carrie's "Branches and buds" jumper which is high on my to-do list. Although I think I'll make it a lopi-style cardigan with the leftover yarn I still have in my stash - but that's for the next project!

No comments:

Post a Comment