Search This Blog

Thursday 7 July 2016

Spinning news



I may not have been very productive in terms of knitting, pottering around with several different projects at the same time but finishing none (and unraveling them at regular intervals). But I did some spinning! I got those fibres for my birthday and since they were just smaller quantities (ca. 50 g each) I went for it immediately.

I don't actually know for sure what type of fibres or fibre blands they are but my guess it's merino or something else on the woolly side. It was pretty easy to work with and it's so addictive!  I'm quite proud that I managed to make some progress compared to my humble beginnings in September last year - even though my twining technique still needs a lot of impovement and there is a lot of cursing involved...

The blue-greyish yarn was turned immediately into a little hat but for the green one I haven't found a good project yet. I wanted to make a triangle shawl but I'm not sure if it will be enough, could be a bit tight if I just count on that one skein. But for now I have other projects planned already so it'll have to wait a bit until I find a suitable pattern.

Now I need to un-cramp my hands and my back from hunching over the spinning wheel like an old lady from a Grimm fairytale - alas, the fibres have not turned to gold in spite of all my efforts.



1 comment:

  1. Hallo Marie,
    zu der grĂ¼nen Wolle kannst du dir jan noch bei Woll Hupperts was bestellen. Dann reicht es sicherlich.

    ReplyDelete