Search This Blog

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Blogging ain't easy....

As you may have noticed, I've become more active again the last couple of weeks because everyone else is on holidays and it is much quieter than usual. Besides catching up on a few blog posts (sorry about that knitting-rant plus the Moldova monologue) I have started thinking more seriously about the structure and the content of the blog.

It started off as mainly related to crafts, arts, knitting and travel. The problem is that I have so many interests that are difficult to combine that I'm worried the mix on this blog tends to become a little bit too eclectic at times. I like blogging about films, books, arts projects, trips, people, Brussels, knitting.... there is no real coherence. Sometimes I have been considering to split the blog into three different ones:

- 1 on travelling general with pictures and advice especially for the less travelled places like Zimbabwe or Moldova

- 1 on knitting with more links to Ravelry, my knitting projects, other knitters' blogs as well as patterns and tutorials

- 1 on Brussels, particularly events and things to do but also general impressions of the city

As for now I have concluded that if I can't even be disciplined enough to update one blog, it will be close to impossible with three different ones. So I will continue with this interesting mix of different topics and just try to figure out what people are most interested in. I suppose the blog reflects my personality quite accurately in the sense that I cannot be summed up in one sentence and I'm kind of all over the place.

Feedback appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment