Search This Blog

Sunday 17 August 2014

Knitting update

I have been quite busy lately on the knitting front but I was too lazy to put up pictures - the revenge will be a rather long post this time together with the promise that from now on I'll blog as soon as I finished one project! So, here we go:

Project #1: Fair-Isle Cardigan




I used a pattern I found in a German knitting magazine but I edited it slightly because I didn't have enough yarn of each colour as I might have mentioned in a previous post. I had to unravel it once because I didn't like the extra pattern row that I had inserted and I changed the flowers to make it look a little less childish (I think the colours already do that). It wasn't that fun to knit I have to say, especially with the stupid floats at the back which makes it quite rigid but it was my first fair-isle pattern and it worked out fine. For more details check my Ravelry project.


Project #2: "Yosemite" socks


Socks are usually a very handy travelling project. Mainly because I can use the wooden needles which are not detected by airport security and removed (I'm speaking from a bad experience here) but also because they're small and I don't have to lug a kilo of yarn around like with the Icelandic jumpers. So these little green gems were created during my trip to the US last year and I started while I was visiting Yosemite NP in California, one of the most beautiful places I have seen in my life, hence the name. More details on my Ravelry page.


Project #3: "Dreams of Aran" cardigan







This is the yarn I bought in Vilnius last year and I'm very happy about my first Aran cardi, even though there are some minor mistakes which I will not point out now because I'm probably the only person who notices them anyways. Again, I based the pattern losely on a "Drops" design but got bored with it (also, it was originally designed for men so it didn't fit very snugly) and I improvised. I also adore the red buttons, makes it look a little bit less country-bumpkin style. More on Ravelry for those who are interested. 


Project #4: Bunting cardi





An old one, actually, I already finished it a few months ago. Still one of my favourites, though, in good old Létt Lopi! Check out my Ravelry project for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment