Search This Blog

Saturday 14 February 2015

Be my Valentine

I don't care about Valentine's Day of course, even me who has a little romantic streak has realized that it's a way to sell more flowers, chocolate and expensive dinners. But coincidentally I just finished this lovely red cowl yesterday and I thought it fitted the theme quite well so I called it the "Be my Valentine" cowl, mainly because of the colour. 

This was just one of those "I need to do something inbetween bigger projects because otherwise I feel like I never finish anything"-projects and I'm officially still working on my "Marius" jumper. It turns out to be a bit trickier than expected because the pattern is, even with all my imagination, very cryptic and lacks a lot of information. 

One of the problems was for example that the pattern didn't state where to do the increases for the sleeves. It's difficult to integrate them into the pattern without messing it up but I suppose I just have to improvise again. I also had to read up on how to avoid the annoying "jump" in the pattern where the rounds join. I found some good ideas but it sucks that you always have the jog which makes the pattern look wonky.

I'm getting there though, the bodice and one sleeve are already finished so I'll post some more pictures here soon. Have a lovely Valentine's Day or rather, as the Finnish call it, ystävänpäivä (Friendship Day), doing lovely things with your lovely friends!


 

Pattern: Chunky brioche stitch cowl by Diana Levine
Yarn: Katia Merino Grosso, colour 12


No comments:

Post a Comment