Search This Blog

Monday 2 February 2015

From the sewing archives

I think I mentioned before that I'm more of a summer-sewing and winter-knitting person, although this will hopefully change soon with my new craft corner including a proper table to work with and additional lighting (currently the biggest limitation to my sewing activities). Anyway, I still have a few projects that I wanted to post but never found the time to do it, especially because summer = time to be outside and enjoy the sunshine and not sit at home and write a blog!

The patterns I used for the projects pictures below were very simple and basically all variations of either the tunic from the Marimekko "Surrur" book or from "Tuniques pour petits et grands" which I bought in FNAC a while ago.The fabrics were bits and pieces that I bought at the flea market (the dark green one with the polka dots), IKEA (the white one with the abstract floral pattern) and the Marimekko outlet shop in Helsinki (the blue one with the raindrops).

Everything is super easy to sew and perfect for a beginner like me. The simple cuts bring out the fabric's colours and patterns nicely - as you may have noticed I LOVE colours! And since I know that you like looking at silly pictures of me I have included an extra-silly one in the end, just in case you get bored.


Tunic with short sleeves in IKEA fabric, white with colourful pattern
 Pattern: Tunic from the Marimekko "Surrur"book
Fabric: IKEA

Tunic from the book "Tuniques pour petits et grands" in the Marimekko patterned fabric, blue with colourful raindrops
Pattern:  From the book "Tuniques pour petits et grands"
Fabric: Marimekko

Dress with peter pan collar and fabric from the flea market, green with light green polka dots

Dress with peter pan collar and fabric from the flea market, green with light green polka dotsDress with peter pan collar and fabric from the flea market, green with light green polka dots

Pattern: From the Marimekko "Surrur"book (+ added Peter Pan collar)
Fabric: Flea market




2 comments:

  1. So lovely! The Markimeko fabric is great! Nice poses too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! That one is also my favourite - you should definitely pass by the Marimekko outlet if you happen to be in Helsinki, they have great stuff: https://www.marimekko.fi/shops/shop-locator/list?country=FI&city=HELSINKI&shop_type=1579

    And the silly posing comes quite naturally :-).

    ReplyDelete