Search This Blog

Thursday 19 February 2015

New space, new luck!

I've been complaining for some time that I don't have a proper crafting space in my flat which is mainly my own fault - I didn't plan on having one when I moved in. I also complained a lot about my sofa which is as uncomfortable as it is useful, or maybe I should say it WAS. Because I got finally rid of it! 

Now I have a new, more comfortable and pretty sofa (ok, it's brown but at least it has less stains than the old one) as well as a new crafting space. It has a proper table where I can leave my sewing machine out permanently as well as all my material close at hand (except my yarn stash which I couldn't fit anywhere in one space so far). I'm very glad that I don't have to dig out the sewing machine from its original box anymore, covered under a blanket and serving as a mirror-stand in my hallway, which was always a bit of a hassle. I hope that the easy availability will also motivate me to sew more often and more spontaneously.Oh dear, while I'm writing this I can already see how this will go.

The map under the table is still supposed to go up on the wall but I still have an aversion to putting nails in the wall so I'm trying to find another solution, maybe attaching it to the lamp? I also want to frame the old map of Belgium, I think it deserves better than some blue tack.


I'm very proud of my beautiful and ever-growing collection of cushions. The yellow wax print (see details above) was actually a gift from my friend Juliane who made it herself from the fabric that I had given to her before - isn't it gorgeous?! The black and white cover is made be me in one of my early sewing attempts; the cross-stitch cover is from my trip to Palestine in 2013 and the stripey-red one is, boringly enough, from IKEA. Ah well, not everything can be hand made.

No comments:

Post a Comment