Search This Blog

Sunday 31 January 2016

Miette (the cardigan)



Our roof still isn't fixed but I took advantage of the weekend and the short time of daylight I had to take some pictures of my latest FO - Andi Satterlund's "Miette".

I like this pattern a lot and it was the perfect match for my re-purposed merino yarn from another frogged project (a vest that I've never, ever worn - who comes up with patterns for thick merino yarn without sleeves??). I recently discovered Andi Satterlund's patterns and took an immediate liking to them. A) because she has a good taste in cardigans and b) because they are fairly straight forward and fast to knit.

The construction is top-down which I liked and the progress was fast. I was just a bit confused with the lace pattern around the edges so I think in the back of the neck I got a bit mixed up with the lace but was too lazy to rip it all up again. The lace pattern might or might not be a bit wonky as a result.

Unfortunately this is another cardi that came out a bit too small - either I have gained a size or I should seriously rethink my swatching technique because I swear it seemed fine when I tested the gauge! I hope it's nothing that a bit of blocking can't fix.

All in all I'm very happy and I'm already considering knitting a second edition, maybe a size up this time.

------

Pattern: Andi Satterlund's Miette
Yarn: Lana Grossa Merino 

No comments:

Post a Comment