Search This Blog

Monday 31 August 2015

Little knits III - London Love



It has been a while since my last post but I think I'm excused, traveling around Iceland, the most amazing of all islands! And, as knitters know, also famous for its "Lopapeysur" - a post on this will follow later. In the meantime, I still have some catching up to do with past projects that I didn't post yet and I'll start with my "Prince George" vest.
 
As you may have noticed, besides knitting I also love London. I only lived there for one year but it just feels so much longer, considering all the amazing things I saw and did when I was there. And every time I go back, I get this excited feeling that everything is possible and beautiful and amazing. In those moments I miss the big city and the activities, the lifestyle, the creativity, the millions of opportunities. 

And since I also like a bit of kitsch, royal kitsch included, I immediately took a liking to this "Prince George" style vest, originally designed by Cath Kidston. I was super happy to find a pattern by Susan Crawford (whose amazing vintage knits book "A Stitch in Time" I got for Christmas last year) that was straight forward, even though I mainly needed it for the intarsia chart anyways. I changed the shape of the neckline a little bit and I added the yellow trim, inspired by my mug (see picture).

While I already took a liking to the pattern it so happens that one of my friends from Uni in London announced that she was going to have a baby: the perfect occasion to make this cute little vest for another London-lover. It turned out a bit bigger than expected so it's probably not exactly for a newborn but considering that it's the middle of the summer I don't think they will mind waiting a little bit. 

I love the colour combination and it makes me happy to look at it, maybe I'll go for an adult version next?

No comments:

Post a Comment